JAPANESE CHICKEN SKEWERS [yakitori]

Tuesday, June 1, 2021 Abu Dhabi - Emirati Arabi Uniti

 There are a multitude of yakitori but the classic and most popular is the negima, chicken thighs and spring onions accompanied by a sweet soy sauce.

spiedini di pollo giapponesi

This is the second recipe taken from my first Japanese cookbook Japanese food made easy by Aya Nishimuro, very fast to make and sure to succeed. I've had something similar at COYA Abu Dhabi and I must say that the adults at home really like them and the kids would like them too, if they weren't choosy like mine - more than choosy, ALIENS!
I've found Japanese cuisine to be my comfort food, and I don't just mean sushi and sashimi but everyday food. I could eat it on a daily basis. For example, there's some spinach (Japanese streamed spinach with sesame) I tasted some time ago at Zuma's that I still think about. The miso soup -even if it's instant- is amazing.

JAPANESE CHICKEN SKEWERS [yakitori]
Ingredients (for 4 people)
800 g chicken thigh fillets, skinless and boneless
8 spring onions, only the white part, cut into 4 cm pieces
125ml teriyaki sauce

12 bamboo skewers
4 teaspoons sunflower oil
half a teaspoon of shichimi toragashi

Procedure. Soak the bamboo sticks for 15 min so that they do not burn during cooking.
Thread the spring onions and chicken pieces alternately through the bamboo skewers.
In a non-stick pan, heat oil over medium heat. When it begins to sizzle place the skewers and brown 4 minutes per side covered with a lid.
Add the teriyaki sauce to the pot, turning the spedini on themselves until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat, arrange skewers on a serving platter, drizzle with sauce and a sprinkling of shichimi togarashi, Enjoy/1

Post a Comment